1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? 3 months of hell on Parris Island. Yep, that about sums that up.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I accomplished 2. But, I don't make my resolutions in January, I make them whenever I feel like it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. My cousin Erica and my friend Erika. If your name is Eric/ka, you are probably pregnant right now. Beware.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. I lost my grandma and my cousin.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? Uhhh...
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 18th, when I got that beloved command... "DISMISSED!!"
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a Marine, definately becoming a Marine. Okay, this is becoming kind of a repetitive poll, eh?
9. What was your biggest failure? I haven't failed majorly at anything this year. That I know of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing big.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My own car, lots of CDs, and new clothes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? BeeJay for being hella cool and driving fast.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Pretty much every airman on Keesler.
14. Where did most of your money go? Making my friends happy.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Ball.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? "Get Low"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? MUCH happier. Dear God.
ii. Smaller or larger? Last year: size 10-12 This year: size 4-5
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Fretting.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I have no idea.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003? No.
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Don't watch TV, but the roommate rents Sex and the City DVDs.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not that I know of. I generally try not to spend too much time hating.
26. What was the best book you read? "Invisible Monsters" by Chuck Palahniuk.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? That R&B can be fun.
28. What did you want and get? Attention.
29. What did you want and not get? Can't think of anything.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Pirates of the Caribbean.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was in bootcamp, and I didn't even know it was my birthday until lunchtime. We were sitting on the floor eating bag nasties and someone pointed out that it was finally May, and I realized I had just turned 24. I don't really remember any other specific details about that day. I believe it was training day 8 or something. We still had a long way to go.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having a bathtub.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Ultra-Low-Rise boot-cut jeans, a little t-shirt and a hoodie or jacket. Necklace optional depending on shirt. Oh, and naughty school girl glasses.
34. What kept you sane? BeeJay and Schmirnoff Triple Black.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Johnny Depp.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? None.
37. Who did you miss? Matt, Melissa, Rachel... goddamn... everyone!
38. Who was the best new person you met? BeeJay, definately. He's been my guardian angel, my best friend, and my sanity.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003. Everything in life is mind over matter. If you fail, it is most likely because you never really believed you could do it in the first place. The world is at your fingertips, you just have to be confident enough to go get it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were"