|Tuesday, March 6th, 2001|
12:25a - Water, Glorious Water...
I swiped this from angelkist's journal.
Happy, fun facts about water vs. cola:
75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half of
the world's population)
In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
mistaken for hunger.
Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the
dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen
or on a printed page.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by
45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons
of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and
.......Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The
citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a
crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the
rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap
the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is
finished, Remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will
help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will
dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use
the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of
their trucks for about 20 years!
I think I'm going to go drink some water. *shudder*
current mood: thirsty
(4 words of the day | scream real loud)
9:13a - friendlings
I added crankyangel to my friends list.
It's the least I could do.
current mood: giggly
(scream real loud)
3:51p - new pics!
Yay! I finally got the pictures I took around Christmas developed. Let's hear it for procrastination!
Anyhow, I will now force you to look at my photos.
Matt's Feet (note the stack of PEZ):
A cat, a hammer, a hello kitty watch, and some pliers. Andromeda is thinking "I think I'll kill them very slowly."
All photos taken with my handy dandy, never-fail Hello Kitty camera on Fuji Film.
current mood: amused
(2 words of the day | scream real loud)